Almost Heaven Chorus is seeking a new director! The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic person who can help us keep moving forward on our Sweet Adelines journey.
Job Title: Music Director
Plans and implements the musical program of the chorus:
- Plans and directs weekly rehearsals, including section rehearsals, to grow the skill level of the chorus (or arranges suitable replacement in the event of absence)
- Teaches vocal skills and techniques in the barbershop style
- Selects music with assistance of Music Team
- Selects coaches
- Chooses, trains, and leads a team of musical leaders to assist in carrying out the musical program, including (but not limited to) Assistant Director, Section Leaders and Visual Team
- Assesses the musical qualifications of prospective members
Directs chorus at local performances, chapter shows,regional competitions, and international competitions
Participates as leader of Music Team
Brings recommendations of Music Team to Board for decision and action
Please direct your questions to [email protected]. If interested, we will send you the prospective director's application for completion. You may also contact us at 304.925-SING (7464).